Weekly wage £180.00
Working week 8.30am-4.30pm, shifts TBC
Total hours per week 40.00
Expected duration 14 months
Possible start date 21 Oct 2019
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This will be a varied role and largely split into two parts. Two days per week you will focus on customer service and complete tasks such as:
Making milk shakes, barista coffee and tea making Waiting tables and understanding use of the till. Interacting with our customers to create a polite but fun and happy atmosphere. Then 3 days will then be kitchen based:
- Learning food preparation & safe handling, allergens, hygiene, food recording/labelling and ordering/stock rotation.
- Assisting an experienced chef in preparing a range of food from homemade soups, to producing a full English breakfast using a griddle.
- Completing and recording information needed for hygiene/health & safety. You would also assist me in baking for the tearoom.
- Baking would be a large part of this role. A baking course would be offered to the right applicant.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role:
- A keen interest in cooking especially baking
- Customer service skills
An outgoing personality would be an advantage as interaction with customers is a large part of the role.
There are no essential qualifications for the role however the successful apprentice will have to complete an initial assessment in maths and English to ensure you are at a high enough level to complete an apprenticeship.
At the end of the apprenticeship we would be looking to offer you a full time job.
Things to consider
This role would ideally result in a permanent position for the right hard-working enthusiastic person. Lunch will be provided. Weekends would be needed on a rota system.
Baking will be a large part of the role and you will be offered training.
You will be working within a small team.
Horam is a village with a bus stop outside the tearoom.
About the employer
TPODZ is a dog-friendly, busy village tearoom in Horam. We are passionate about supplying fresh locally sourced food to local people. Each day we bake a great selection of freshly made scones, cakes and traybakes.
We are a small team promoting a fun and warm atmosphere.
We are eco aware, practicing recycling and using biodegradable take away items.
Level 2 Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction grade) Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt Apprenticeship standard Hospitality team member
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Contact Employer Training 030 300 39777.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Heathfield
- Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Heathfield
- Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Heathfield
- Food Services Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Heathfield
- Front Of House Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Heathfield