IT Support Apprentice
The person will be providing support to the Principal Public Transport Consultant in the following tasks:
- Assisting with the transfer of data to new replacement bespoke software for both data analysis and CMS database, including result checking throughout double running
- Assisting with support to bus operators in the use of data capture modules
- Simplifying tasks using macros within Excel Looking after the company’s website
- Assisting with project management and system set up for new projects
- Assisting with entry of surveyors’ survey forms and comparing with operator data
- Assisting the Claims Team with Data entry and checking General assistance with ad hoc tasks to increase knowledge of the business and assist the company
09.00 am to 17.30 pm with 1 hour paid lunch break Days TBC Total hours per week: 37.00
Weekly wage £262.50
Expected duration 13 months
Possible start date 14 Oct 2019
Apprenticeship level Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technology with a pro-active, self-motivated and positive attitude.
- Commitment and aptitude to learn new skills
- Highly motivated to contribute to the team’s objectives.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be delivery focused.
- A willingness to help out and perform other roles where required to achieve the team objective; able to work independently or with others in the team.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- A desire to learn and progress
- Good team player able to work as part of a small dedicated team
- Thinks of the wider aspects of the job
- Good self-presentation and awareness-- knowing how to act, dress, and communicate with colleagues, clients and the public.
- Interest in public transport a bonus
The desirable qualifications for the role include:
Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals Level 2 Certificate in Systems Support Level 2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (or GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2 as a minimum) unless exempt.
This is a new role therefore there is every opportunity to progress into a more senior role depending on performance and studies.
Things to consider
The company is situated in the town centre in Seaford, easily accessible by train or bus. Parking is available in neighbouring residential streets or public car parks. We welcome applications from candidates living within easy commuting distance from Seaford. Our existing staff come from Seaford, Lewes, Uckfield, Portslade, Brighton and Hove and Crawley.
We understand the college term starts 16/9 but there will be a second intake in January. The successful candidate can either a) be already enrolled; b) enrol quickly; c) defer study until January but start work before 01/10/2019.
The minimum pay will be £7 per hour however the final salary will depend upon age.
Holiday 25 days per annum plus bank holidays. Pension Scheme 5% contribution after probation period. Tea, coffee, water provided free. The Managing Director is a FCCA qualified accountant and fully supports the importance of recruiting and training apprentices, of which the company already has 2. Every assistance will be given to achieve goals and qualifications.
About the employer
Mcl Transport Consultants Ltd
MCL is based in Seaford, East Sussex and specialises in the administration of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme, looking after approximately one third of shire England with 12 clients, all of which are County Councils or Unitary Authorities. When a bus pass holder travels on bus, their journey is recorded by the driver, either automatically by a smartcard reader or manually by the driver pressing a button on the ticket machine. At the end of the day the record of journeys made is downloaded to the bus operator’s computer and is sent once a month to MCL. Our specialist software helps the team to analyse the data and ultimately after many checks and calculations a set of accounts is produced which enables us to tell the local authority how much to pay the bus operator for carrying the bus pass holders for free.
Barclays Bank Chambers
Training to be provided
Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass) Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence Level 3 City & Guilds Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles Level 2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C, or level 9-4) unless exempt
Apprenticeship framework IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Contact Employer Training 030 300 39777
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Technology Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- IT Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- IT Support Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Software Development Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne