Revenue /Accounting and Data Systems Apprentice
The duties will be:
- Accurate data entry of bus operator concessionary journey claims (manually and electronically) into specialist software (CAM or DAS)
- Manipulation of electronic data using Excel and other specialist software.
- Monitoring bus operator data for variances – if required, raising query with team leader and recording any answers
- Ensuring all operator data is received on time – chase via email and phone where required Maintaining register of data receipt
- Extracting reports from specialist software (CAM or DAS) to enable checking of data and calculation of reimbursement due for quarterly account reconciliations and interim payments
- Input of survey results received from surveyors using Excel
- Maintain filing system General assistance with ad hoc tasks to increase knowledge of the business and assist the team
- Good Excel knowledge and willingness and ability to progress to advanced level
- Good skills with Word and Outlook
- Good with figures Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time and task organisation skills
- Good telephone manner
- Desire to learn and progress
- Good team player able to work as part of a small dedicated team
- Thinks of the wider aspects of the job
- Good self-presentation -- knowing how to act, dress, and communicate with colleagues, clients and the public. Interest in transport a bonus
A level maths or equivalent essential Level 2 AAT or equivalent accounting qualification already gained would be acceptable
It is quite likely that the apprentice will want to move on once they have achieved their AAT, and maybe a couple of years of ACCA or equivalent (our first apprentice stayed 5 years), however the skills acquired whilst studying AAT will always be valuable for them to continue as a full time employee should that be their choice.
Things to consider
The company is situated in the town centre in Seaford, easily accessible by train or bus. Parking is available in neighbouring residential streets or public car parks. We welcome applications from candidates living within easy commuting distance from Seaford. Our existing staff come from Seaford, Lewes, Uckfield, Portslade, Brighton and Hove and Crawley.
Holiday 25 days per annum
Pension Scheme 5% contribution after probation period
Tea, coffee, water provided free
The Managing Director is a FCCA qualified accountant and fully understands the importance of recruiting and training new accountants. Every assistance will be given to achieve this.