Apprentice Finance Administrator
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To open, sort the post and distribute it to the appropriate members of the team
- To input invoices and credit notes onto the purchase ledger invoice register through capture
- To deal with all filing and archiving in a timely manner
- To process bank and banking transactions into the accounts package
- To take banking’s and collect cash from our RBS branch regularly
- To help prepare and maintain schedules that will be required for the end of year accounts and audit
- To provide holiday and other absence cover for other members of the finance team, including Reed House reception cover
- To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required within the finance department not included above in order to assist other members of the finance team
- To work within all YMCA DLG policies and procedures at all times and to abide by the Code of Conduct
- To attend YMCA DLG mandatory training and abide by our policies and procedures on Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
- To attend appropriate continuing professional development and training events and be committed to team events
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- High level of financial and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
Personal qualities You need to be:
- Approachable and friendly
- Able to work flexibly and under pressure
No formal qualifications are required but relevant qualifications/experience would be great.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will be able to apply for a permanent role if there is a vacancy.
Things to consider
Although we have stated that we don't need formal qualifications bearing in mind that this is a finance role you will need to be numerate.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).