Workshop Apprentice (Motor Vehicle)
We are pleased to present you with a great opportunity to kick start your career in Motor Vehicle Maintenance with an established company, offering an attractive starting wage with the opportunity to earn yourself a full time position upon completion of your apprenticeship programme.
Description of Business:
Established in 1971, we operate a workshop, recovery vehicles and coaches as summarised below;
Workshop; dealing with all types of vehicles ranging from cars, lorries, coaches, horseboxes and trailers. We also have a body shop and provide safety certification & Pre-MOT testing services. No two days are the same and this would be your primary working area.
Recovery; We are able to service at the roadside, change a tyre, recharge a flat battery or even pull a 30ton Lorry out from a ditch, this operation is 24/7.
Coaches: For UK and Continental tours/day trips
Under the guidance of one of our experiences workshop operates you will gain experience working on a variety of vehicles (as detailed in the business description) This will also entail writing up Job Sheets, detailing the work undertaken, meeting strict deadlines and ensuring that the quality of work meets our high standards. Additionally there may be an opportunity to work in the body shop.
Training to be Provided:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair competence
• Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair knowledge
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English. In order to complete the apprenticeship, the apprentice must attend these classes and take the exams. It is not mandatory for the apprentice to pass these exams.
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Any existing knowledge of motor vehicles and/or mechanics would be an advantage
- A driving licence/own transport would be an advantage
- You must possess or be willing to work towards Maths & English Functional Skills to L1 Standard (D/3 Grade Equivalent)
You must be reliable, polite and respectful towards others
Potential to earn a permanent position at the company.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Good public transport links
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Construction Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Engineering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Automotive Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Logistics Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Crawley