Apprentice Administration Assistant
Your responsibilities will include:
- Answering and directing calls as required
- Reception duties including greeting and assisting guests
- Collate and prepare data for reporting purposes
- Sorting and distributing all incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Maintaining document management, filing and archiving systems
- Maintaining data entry applications
- Responding to and prioritising emails
- Prepare and issue works documentation maintaining an effective and organised system for each project
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the contracts managers and other members of the team, including confirming and scheduling appointments.
- Liaising with and supporting staff in other departments
- Maintenance and housekeeping of electronic contract folders
- Filing, photocopying, word processing, and other administrative duties as necessary.
- Maintaining good relationships and external clients and customers
- Ordering and maintaining stationary and business resources
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be:
- Good numeracy and analytical skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills and a team player
- Adaptable to a variety of works and contract demands
- Have a logical and organised method to completion of all works
- IT literate in all Microsoft packages especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Organised but flexible approach with the ability to prioritise and multi task
- Ability to evaluate situations quickly, foresee problems and select effective solutions
- Able to work under pressure and to specified deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work without constant supervision
- Ability to use own initiative but also know when matters need to be referred to a Supervisor
We are looking for someone who will grow with the business.
Things to consider
We are easy to reach by car and bus but the closest train station is approximately 1.5 miles away.
Monthly wage - £606.00
Working week - 8.00am-4.00pm Monday to Friday Total hours per week: 35.00
Expected duration - 13 months
Possible start date - 01 Sep 2019
Date posted - 15 Jul 2019
Apprenticeship level - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Positions - 1 available
About the employer
Our experience and reputation has been built on the successful completion of maintenance and improvements works, both in Main and Sub-contractor roles.
Colours Building Ltd do not believe there is a “one size fits all” approach to dealing with clients and their projects. Our approach to works is what sets us apart from others. At our core we are a ‘can do’ company that is always planning and problem solving to obtain the best solutions and outcomes for all involved.
We pride ourselves in being a customer and quality focused company. To achieve satisfaction, we ensure expectations are met – expectations of the client and any resident whose homes we are working in. All our staff take a personal pride in the delivery and communication of the works that are carried out and this has gained us a good and trusted reputation.
Employer Colours Building Ltd
York Road Buildings York Road