Location: Crawley, Horsham, East Grinstead and areas in East Sussex
Salary: £8.21 - £8.71 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
SHC are recruiting for Drivers to join the Estates and Facilities team to support our homes in the West + East Sussex areas.
The homes in this area provide support and assistance to adults who have a range of acquired brain injury, learning and physical disabilities. We also have older people's services in these areas.
As a Driver, you will be responsible for:
- Transport the people we support to and from the day centre/college Monday - Friday, on outings and where necessary to medical appointments, under direction of the Home Manager
- Ensure that the mini-bus is road worthy
- Organise MOT and regular servicing of the minibus.
- Check the water/oil and petrol levels each day.
- Wash outside and maintain cleanliness of the inside of the minibus weekly.
- Collect prescriptions from the chemist.
- Ensure that all harnesses and seatbelts are in place and secure prior to any journey.
- Ensure first aid/emergency equipment is in place and current.
- Any accident or incident to be reported and documented appropriately.
A clean D1 driving licence with a minimum of two years' experience of driving in the UK is essential.
- Weekend pay enhancement and paid breaks
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Competitively priced staff accommodation (subject to meeting a specific criteria)
- Free Uniform
- Subsidised lunches
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
To be considered for this role, apply today with an update to date CV or email us at
Please Note: Successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check (DBS)
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!