Cloud Security Architect
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
led by a high-energy, delivery-focused team. This group is nimble and creative, with the power to define our technology and product roadmap.
You will lead Cloud Security Architecture, working with multi-functional and cross-enterprise teams that define requirements, develop architecture specifications, select and pilot new technologies, develop enterprise-scale deployment plans and lead initial implementations.
You will work closely with other Information Security departments, architecture and development teams, and external cloud providers on requirements, design, integration and delivery of these solutions.
- Provide security architectural leadership to the Cloud Program, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Cloud Application Architecture subprograms
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and SMEs to deliver complete security architecture solutions
- Lead the technical design and deployment of global projects including security solutions for internal and external IaaS and PaaS clouds
- Capture requirements; build functional specifications, timelines, adoption plans and other artifacts to support security implementation
- Build cloud-optimized architecture patterns and contribute to Enterprise Architecture governance
- Evaluate various private, public cloud technologies and tools for technical, functional and financial feasibility
- Drive proof of concepts that assess the suitability of solutions and demonstrate to our product partners how technology can be leveraged
- Partner with and support the Engineering team to drive and execute results in a timely manner
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Expertise in cloud architecture and security fundamentals including containers, software-defined networks, high availability design, multi-cloud, and serverless compute
- Demonstrated experience in Agile environments, application design, software development, and testing
- Application experience migrating to or building natively in a cloud environment including monolithic applications, microservices, and functions as a service
- Experience with network architecture, network security, and TCP/IP
- Experience with secure Java application design and development using J2EE, Spring, and SQL
- Proven experience in cloud security environment
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Experience with a broad range of application architectures, languages, and payments technologies a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time