Photography & Content Assistant Apprentice
We are a family run portrait photography studio in East Grinstead.
We are a husband and wife team plus one full timer. We operate from our purpose built home studio separate from the house. Paul has been a pro photographer for over 25 years and has won many awards for the variety of work done. We shoot weddings, family portraits, makeovers and boudoir.
Due to it being such a small team the functions an apprentice will get involved in are varied.
Duties will include:
- Retouching and editing
- Calling clients
- Assisting on shoots
- Pre-viewing photo-shoots
- Order preparation with the intention of eventually becoming a skilled studio portrait photographer
- Interpret the objectives of the client’s/customer’s brief and research concepts to meet the brief
- The importance of brand awareness and the intended audience within a brief
- The applicability of emerging technologies, standards and trends to a campaign
- Present ideas, pitches and proposals for creative content to be further developed
- How to identify the commercial drivers for a client/customer, work within budget, follow legal requirements when using media assets
- Write and edit copy for use in print and online
- How to write copy that persuades a person or a group or raises brand awareness
- Optimise web-page content to ensure high rankings in search engine results
- How to use Search Engine Optimisation techniques
- Use lessons learned to evaluate the success of the campaign and identify areas for improvement for future campaigns
- Develop, maintain and use professional networks. Develop and maintain own competence and knowledge in specialist areas.
- Meet commercial pressures, project deadlines and organisational working practices
The ideal candidate will show evidence that they have a passion for photography and have chosen this as their career path. This will be evident as they will have already some familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom preferably or similar applications.
They should certainly have photography as a passion and possess some photographic ability. They need to be well spoken and of smart appearance with good telephone manner, enthusiastic outlook.
The long term reward will be that this is probably the best way to learn as many aspects of running a photography studio and learning both business side and producing great pictures. Matt, one of my past assistants now runs his own successful business and produces very high quality photography after working with me for 3 years.
We would ask the right candidates to come and spend a day with us to see how we all get along and for them to find out what's involved.
Hours: You will be required to work Sunday - Thursday with Friday & Saturday as your days off. 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays.