Apprentice Commis Chef
We will be interviewing throughout the recruitment process and hope to find someone to start as soon as possible.
Key tasks will include:
- Preparing food
- Using fresh seasonal ingredients
- Involved in breakfast, lunch and dinner
You will study the following topics:
- Food Safety & Hygiene
- Due diligence processes
- Effective teamwork
- Kitchen etiquette
- Basic costings & yields of goods
- Portion & waste control
You will learn to cook:
- Fish & shellfish
- Meat & poultry
- Game & offal
- Vegetables & vegetable proteins
- Stocks, sauces & soups
- Rice, pasta & noodles
- Egg dishes Pastry & dough products
- Cakes, sponges & biscuits
- Hot & cold desserts
The essential skills for the role include:
- Basic knife skills
- Good punctuality
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Willing to learn
- Able to work within a small team or independently
There are no essential qualifications for the role however an initial assessment in maths and English and a welcome session are mandatory to ensure that the successful apprentice is at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship and have a full understanding of what is involved.
All three of the current chefs have been promoted so there is room for future prospects.
Things to consider
Please ensure that you can travel to the workplace. There will be split shifts and evening and weekend work. Having your own transport will be a benefit.
The train station is a 1-2 mile walk and a 15 minute cycle.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Chef Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Pubs & Bars Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes