Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
4 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 38 bedroom hotel together with the Clockhouse banqueting suite and Pavilion conference venue all within the grounds of 15 acres of beautiful gardens. The hotel has two restaurants RG’s Fine Dining Restaurant and Elements Brasserie and Bar for more informal dining.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and sample menus
Heading up the team in our RGs Restaurant (2 Rosette standard) you will be responsible for managing a full time team to deliver outstanding standards of service. We are seeking someone with passion for food, wine and service who will inspire and drive standards to even higher heights.
The restaurant is open to residents, spa guest and non residents so caterers for a wide range of discerning clients with many regular patrons.
Service for guests covers breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days per week so candidates must be available for flexible shift patterns across 5 days including weekends.
The team consists of a permanent team of 18 employees
We also operate our Elements Brasserie, Bar and Lounge as well as a range of beautiful private dining rooms for functions, weddings, celebrations, conferences and other events.
Main Duties Include;
- Ensuring the restaurant is prepared for service and employees are briefed for service
- Meeting and greeting guests and being their host during their meal
- Taking guest orders
- Effective rostering of employees
- Coaching employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Serving food and beverage including alcoholic beverages and wines
- Completing satisfaction checks and action all feedback
- Resolving any service issues
- Presenting bills to guests and taking payment
- Ensuring the restaurant is reset at the end of the shift ready for the next service
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy before closing
- Working with the Executive Chef to develop the menus
- Selecting and sourcing wines to compliment the menu items and guests requirements
- Recruitment, induction, training and coaching of all employees
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Technical food and beverage knowledge to offer the required service and ability to develop the rest of the team
- Management/Supervisory experience within a top quality food service hotel/restaurant required
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/esses to ensure excellence
- Must have your own transport due to rural location
£25,000 - £27,000 per annum
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will receive a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday