Event Co-ordinator / Sales Executive, Egham
EVENT CO-ORDINATOR / SALES EXECUTIVE
Great Fosters Hotel, AA Hotel of the Year 2018 and the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private group of luxury hotels of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
4 Red Stars, 43 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award Winning Tudor Room with 1 Michelin Star and 4 Rosettes, as well as the Estate Grill which offers a delicious range of dining choices.
The Hotel has small intimate rooms for special events and private dining to our impressive 14th Century Tithe Barn, Orangery and Conservatory which comfortably hold events up to 180 covers.
As well as regular conference and corporate events we have 110 weddings booked for this year. From the Civil Ceremony to the Wedding Meal and evening celebrations you and your team are key to creating special memories.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus. www.greatfosters.co.uk
Working in a small sales team you will be required to ensure the success in both the reactive and proactive selling of Great Fosters Hotel in all aspects of conference, day meetings, weddings and banqueting.
Reporting to Victoria Mealey, our Sales and Events Manager, your role with have responsibility for ensuring success across the following areas;
- To reactively and proactively sell Great Fosters Hotel in all aspects of conference and banqueting
- To handle telephone, email and online enquiries for functions including weddings, conferences and private dining
- To carry out showrounds and appointments at the hotel
- Completing the necessary administration to ensure the event is successful from a customer service and financial point of view
- To ensure the production of accurately and timely function information ensuring it is effectively communicated to the operational managers
- Achievement of Mystery Guest standards and scores for all sales actions completed
- Ensure the best financial use of all conference and banqueting space
- To generate new leads and enquiries as well as maintaining existing/return business
- Recommend ideas and initiatives to develop sales/revenue for meetings and events business
- Full time role, 40hrs per week including some weekends as required
- Previous sales experience within a hospitality/events/wedding business
- Smart appearance and friendly telephone manner
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
£22,000 - £24,000
- House share available in Egham at £495 per month incl. bills if required
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday