Youth/Community Workers - Gardener
Do you want the chance to be part of an award winning project?
Do you want the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of people in your community?
If the answer is Yes, come and join our team!
We are seeking 2 team members to join our Award winning Community House.
The Community House is a project based in East Worthing that runs a number of structured, timetabled activities as well as providing an informal drop in facility for the local community and general public. The house is jointly funded by Worthing Homes and the Big Lottery Fund and aims to support the needs of individuals within the local community.
Gardener - You must be available on Wednesdays during half terms and holidays
- Are you able to respond well to young people and teenagers?
- Are you flexible and caring with an outgoing personality?
- Do you have experience of working in a community setting?
- Can you help grow food to use in our various cookery projects?
- A friendly working atmosphere where no two days are the same.
- Can you devise a range of gardening activities that will engage our young people and adults?
In return we offer:
Paid holiday and comprehensive training and support
Worthing Homes is committed to safeguarding the welfare of those accessing our services through the effective use of the DBS Disclosure and baring service. All sessional workers being considered for posts working with children or vulnerable adults in regulated activities must be DBS checked at Enhanced level, prior to commencing work.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for the receipt of applications is 5 February 2019 9am.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
More searches like this
- Construction Facilities Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Landscaping & Gardening Services Facilities Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Public Sector Facilities Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Community Facilities Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton