Customer Care Professional – French Speaking
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Working for the French market while being based within the globally award winning UK Customer Service Centre, as a Customer Care Professional you will be driving the highest levels of Customer satisfaction and engagement at the same time as recognising Customer needs to deepen their relationship.
- Excellent listening, inter-personal, and probing skills
- Committed to delivering exceptional service, you will have a clear focus on will to win, to ensure that you deliver the highest Customer Service standards and drive Customer satisfaction at every point. Principle Accountabilities
- Provide world class Service to French card members, driving spend, loyalty and engagement, deepening the customer relationship on every call.
- Handle a wide range of general and sometimes complex enquiries whilst meeting and exceeding predefined Customer Satisfaction Targets
- Excellent communication skills, handling customer enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, as well as the ability to build cross-centre relationships.
- Evaluating account status enquiries at point of contact by analysing information and recommending solutions to the card member,
- Interpret Product, Policy and Procedure information and guide customers through to resolve their enquiry as First Contact Resolution. This role is part FSA regulated and requires a 'basic' Criminal Records check.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluent French and English (both written and verbal) are required
- Proven experience of exceeding predefined Customer Satisfaction Targets over a sustained period of time
- Strong communication skills: articulate, professional, clear and friendly. Familiarity with working in a people-oriented environment
- Proven team player with Customer service experience.
- Ability to respond professionally to adverse situations in a pressured environment, making quick and accurate decisions when faced with problems such as heavy call volumes, system difficulties and other challenges
- Ability to retain a substantial amount of product information, policies and procedural guidelines
- Productive and results focused. Confident in giving and receiving feedback and in working to set targets
- Ability to work in a changing environment and to drive change
- Self-motivated and positive thinker, creative and analytical
- Clear judgment and decision making skills – ability to balance customer needs with good business sense
- A Levels or equivalent required, with a degree preferred.
This position operates in a 24/7 environment and we are specifically hiring for Monday – Sunday 7am – Midnight.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time