PA to CEO
Personal Assistant to the Executive Director(s) - Leatherhead - £25-£30k pro rata
3 Month Temp Assignment
Mon- Fri 9-5pm
Providing administrative, secretarial and support services at a high corporate level to the Executive Director(s) of a small organisation in Leatherhead.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. First point of contact for the Executive Directors by telephone, email and correspondence or for their visitors or members of the public making contact with them.
2. Providing advice on a wide range of matters relating to the work of the assigned Executive Director(s), resolving problems or referring them to the most appropriate person as necessary.
3. Scheduling and arranging meetings including the compilation of complex agendas and the taking and transcribing of formal minutes.
4. To provide excellent administrative and secretarial support, using appropriate software packages, (this may include audio typing/speed writing/shorthand), working to strict timescales and to a very high standard of accuracy, following correct organisation's presentation standards. Documents include meeting minutes and agendas, clinical reports and clinical and managerial correspondence.
5. Planning and organising of developmental days including sourcing of venues, catering and managing the attendee list. Taking and transcribing of notes and providing general administrative support.
6. Managing the diaries for the assigned Executive Directors, including the complex scheduling and rescheduling of appointments ensuring that they are appropriately briefed and prepared for forthcoming meetings.
7. To screen and distribute all mail (including e-mails) received by the Executive Director(s) and/or Clinical Manager(s), drawing attention to urgent issues, drafting and sending, without reference, response to routine correspondence.
8. File and track all reports and correspondence ensuring that all documents are available as and when required.
9. Deal with confidential and sensitive documents/issue, maintaining the strictest confidentiality and discretion at all times. This may include information of a complex and distressing nature.
10. In the absence of the Executive Directors, responsible for prioritising work requests and identifying high priority requests which need to be passed to another Executive Director for urgent action and signposting other enquiries to other staff where possible.
What you'll need
*Keyboard skills: minimum typing speed of 70 wpm and able to touch type.
*Confident, competent computer skills and advanced working knowledge of
*Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
*Excellent spelling, grammar and layout skills; able to produce a variety of Work, e.g. letters, minutes, presentations, e-mails and reports.
*Advanced Knowledge of PowerPoint and Access or other database software
Experience and knowledge
*Proven Senior Secretarial Experience
* Experience of setting up systems and processes to support Directors /clinical managers e.g. databases, systems for obtaining and recording complex information
*Experience of liaising regularly with a range of professional and members of the public
*Evidence of self-development and or training
* Experience of working with Directors / Clinical Manager(s) and in managing confidential issues
*Knowledge of data protection & confidentiality requirements.
*Experience working in health or social care.
*Able to work to deadlines, excellent planning and organisational skills
*Experience in the use of IT systems, especially excel
*Able to use own initiative and judgment to a high degree
*Able to work under pressure and multi-task
*Skilled minute taker
*Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information
*Excellent team player
*Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality
*Ability to travel across sites
*Able to work flexible hours
*Supports the values and beliefs of the Organisation.
What you'll receive
* A steady placement within a busy "cottage" hospital
* Competitive rate of pay
* Accrued holiday pay
Are you looking for your next challenge? Then please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age