Apprentice Warehouse Operative - £185 pw - Crawley
The position covers general warehouse duties. These include but are not limited to:
- Receipt of goods
- Checking of consignments
- Picking for despatch.
Purpose & Objective:
The purpose of a warehouse operative is to facilitate the movement of goods through the warehouse system from receipt of goods to despatch from the warehouse. The movement should be smooth without causing damage to either product or packaging. Despatch of goods should be in good condition without damage to internal product or external packaging. The objective is to receive, store & despatch goods as defined in GDP to ensure safe distribution of products both nationally & internationally.
Major Responsibilities under supervision:
- Receipt of goods into the warehouse, including checking for damages on arrival.
- Checking of contents to ensure correct quantities & products have been received.
- Producing documentation for receipt of goods.
- Forwarding information to customers by means of electronic data transfer.
- Locating goods within the warehouse in such a way that they can be easily identified.
- Ensuring cross contamination of products does not occur (e.g. introduced medicines being mixed with licenced goods).
- Picking of goods to customers order/picking note/despatch sheet.
- Packing of goods in a way to ensure safe transit of goods by the chosen means.
- Handing over of products to delivery drivers making sure a receipt for the goods is always received.
- Keeping the warehouse, storage areas, goods in & goods out areas are all kept clean and tidy.
- Regular checks for signs of pest ingression.
The successful applicant will have access to a reduced membership at The Gym Crawley, a work place pension and free tea and coffee whilst on shift!
Training to be Provided:
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Warehousing and Storage -Functional Skills in Mathematics and English at Level 1.
Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel. Must be of reasonably good physical condition and the position requires manual handling. Must be articulate and have a good telephone manner as well as having good literacy skills. Being able to work efficiently, effectively and be organised is also essential.
Ideally both Maths & English at grade C/4 or above but will consider application if you only have 1 at grade C/4.
Polite, excellent timekeeping, tidy appearance, reliable, respectful, enthusiastic and customer focused.
There is the possibility of forklift training after six months subject to maturity and responsibility for the right candidate.
Workplace pension after six months subject to age (Min 18).
We also wish the successful candidate to stay on in our exciting and varied business with opportunities to become an integral part of our team with the opportunity of a F/T job at the end of the apprenticeship.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Company is located close to the Fastway bus routes.