We are working with Pathfinder to recruit local candidates interested in flexible, temporary work within Shoreham Port, working on various assignments in one or more of the following roles.
- General Port Operatives/Stevedores - Loading and unloading cargo vessels. Working either on the vessel or on the land side.
- Vessel Cargo Checkers – When a vessel is in working in the timber terminal to bar code each timber pack as they are unloaded from the vessel.
- General Labourers – Restacking timber packs, tidying up the terminals.
- Fork Lift Truck Driving – Assisting the unloading of timber vessels, moving the packs from landing point to stacking area.
- Hours are variable and subject to short notice variations and changes.
- A combination of weekday and weekend work is available, 365 days a year.
- Vessels tend to commence at 0600 in the morning and finish around 1800.
- Flexibility is the key.
Skills and experience
- No previous experience is required.
- Candidates must be aware that they are working in a port environment and therefore may be working in all weather conditions.
- Pay Rates vary depending on the role and day/time of each assignment.
- You will receive provision for leave pay and access to a pension scheme.
- Immediate starts are available
- You will be engaged by Pathfinder as the Employment Business on a Contract for Services.
- Appropriate induction, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training will be provided to all successful candidates.
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs & alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.
To apply, please apply online via this application form: http://www.pathfinderpersonnel.com/jobs/port-operatives-shoreham/
If you have any questions please email email@example.com