Demi Chef de Partie & Chef de Partie, Guildford
Chef de Partie
Barnett Hill Hotel is the newest member of the Alexander Hotels family joining the Group in September 2016.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans recently completed have transformed this venue into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with the recent completion of the refurbishment of the Mews building to finish the transformation and increase the number of bedrooms to 54 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Events cover a range of styles from conferences, corporate events, weddings, private dining, celebration dinners and party nights for the festive period. There are 5 meeting/function rooms along with 4 designated syndicate rooms. Events range from intimate dinners for 2 to corporate or wedding events up to 80 with evening functions with bar service for 120. Please see our guest website for further details of our facilities
Reporting to the Head Chef/Sous Chef you will be working across all areas of the Kitchen.
Duties will include;
- Producing food for all service periods in the Restaurant, as well as Bar food, Banqueting, Room Service and Afternoon tea.
- Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
- Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible with some being grown in our small kitchen garden. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef.
- Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
- Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
- Supporting the Head and Sous Chef with the design of menu items for restaurant, afternoon tea, as well as banqueting menus
- To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen ( team of 8 Chefs + 3 Kitchen Porters) , internal communication / attending meetings.
- Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
- Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
- The Hotel is soon to be under the ownership of Alexander Hotels with a planned programme of refurbishment along with aspirations for AA listings and Rosette Awards as achieved in the rest of Alexander Hotels Group.
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the 3 wedding suites. 38 -40 weddings per year for up to 70 guests with 100 guests for evening receptions.
- Working 5 straight shifts per week 45 hrs per week.
- Previous experience in a quality environment but is now seeking their first pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry Section.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to a rosette standard.
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to develop the hotels Afternoon Tea Menu.
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
- £21,000 to £23,000
- 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Demi Chef de Partie & Chef de Partie, Guildford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly