Senior Accountant (ACCA qualified)
Salary: £40-45k + Benefit package
Hours: Mon-Fri - Full time
I have great pleasure in supporting our client in the recruitment of a dynamic and knowledgeable Senior Accountant to join their busy and forward thinking organisation based in their offices in Brighton.
The role will be responsible for effectively manage a small team of accountants to deliver a range a range of accountancy related activities ensuring all accounts and tax returns are completed according to statutory principles.
* Actively manage the day to day work of a team of Accountants
* Actively lead, motivate develop and coach the Accountants ensuring the y deliver to the required standards of service and advice.
* Maintain a detailed knowledge and consistently deliver on the company's services and service level agreements
* Ensuring compliance with statutory principles and professional guidelines and standards of AAT and ATT
* Regularly audit the quality of service and advice delivered by your team
* Actively promote and manage additional services delivered by your team to support the achievement of key revenue growth targets
* Assist with the resolution and escalated complaints
* Identify and suggest improvements to efficiency and effectiveness
* Maintain ability to carry out all the duties that your team carry out, i.e. year-end accounts, self-assessment, tax returns, quarterly VAT
* Keep up to date with latest changes to tax laws, rules and regulations
* Carry out one-to-ones and regular management meetings
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience.
* Proven experience of working within a practice
* ACCA qualified or equivalent
* Proven management experience
* Natural motivator and enjoys coaching and developing staff
* Driven and highly motivated
* Great attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving and busy organisation that offers a great working environment with the ability to grow your career. For more information on this role please call Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.