Conference and Banqueting Assistant Manager, Egham
1 day left
- Full Time
Conference & Banqueting Assistant Manager
Great Fosters Hotel, AA Hotel of the Year 2018 and the most recent addition to Alexander Hotels a private group of luxury hotels of distinction just outside London.
A Grade 1 listed building in 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey.
4 Red Stars, 43 bedrooms spread across the Hotel and adjoining Cloisters and Coach House. A room or suite to meet every expectation. For dining the Award Winning Tudor Room with 1 Michelin Star and 4 Rosettes, as well as the Estate Grill which offers a delicious range of dining choices. A beautiful 14th century Tithe Barn is available for functions together with the Orangery, the Conservatory and a range of other meeting and private dining rooms.
Please see the Hotels website for a full list of facilities and sample menus. www.greatfosters.co.uk
We are seeking an experienced Conference & Banqueting Assistant Manager to assist Jose Hernandez our experienced Conference & Banqueting Manager, in ensuring excellent service standards across our range of business, function, wedding and corporate events.
Please see the guest areas of our website for details of our facilities.
The Hotel has small intimate rooms for special events and private dining to our impressive 14th Century Tithe Barn, Orangery and Conservatory which comfortably hold events up to 180 covers.
As well as regular conference and corporate events we have 110 weddings booked for this year. From the Civil Ceremony to the Wedding Meal and evening celebrations you and your team are key to creating special memories.
This mix of business ensures a constant year round trade.
Together with your own passion for service you are responsible for inspiring your full time Waiters/esses together with a team of casual workers to achieve excellence.
Main Duties Include;
- Ensuring all function rooms are well presented at all times and setup and prepared for the event according to the function detail
- Close liaison with the Sales office prior to an event to ensure the event meets the clients requirements
- Ensuring all equipment requirements are ordered and available for each event
- Meeting and greeting event organisers and their guests
- Hosting events, weddings (including toast mastering at some weddings) and conference events
- Effective recruitment, induction, training of employees.
- Effective rostering of employees to ensure service levels are achieved within budget.
- Coaching employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Serving food and beverage including; plated functions, buffets, conference lunches and refreshments together with alcoholic beverages and wines
- Completing satisfaction checks and action all feedback
- Resolving any service issues
- Presenting bills to guests/organisers and taking payment or liaising with the sales / hotel reception to ensure invoices are accurately prepared
- Ensuring that all conference and function rooms are serviced for guests and at the end of the event are neatly presented or are ready for the next event
- Ensuring stocking and stock control of the Bar
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy before closing
- Working with the Executive Chef / Sales team to develop the food and wine menus
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Ability to work hours as required, including weekends, to ensure the total success of the event
- Technical food and beverage knowledge to offer the required service and ability to develop the rest of the team
- Management within a top quality banqueting Hotel/Venue hosting similar events
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/esses to ensure excellence
- Single accommodation available if required in Egham
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Conference and Banqueting Assistant Manager, Egham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly