Product Owner - EMEA Global Product Management, New Product Development
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Product Management (GPM) team within GCS is a critical driver of growth. The GPM New Product Development team is responsible for the development and delivery of a suite of solutions for all businesses segments across the globe from small business to global enterprises. We are looking for dynamic leaders who can translate customer needs into best in class solutions and help drive delivery, across multiple teams, to bring these products to market.
The successful candidate will engage effectively at multiple levels and across numerous business units, functions to deliver key projects.
- Determines and translates conceptual business requirements into product features and work with platform Product Owners to define user stories.
- Partner with platform teams and technical Business Analysts to assess technical feasibility of needs and work through solutions.
- Ensure overall project plan has the correct milestones for the tech delivery and provide relevant updates to Project Manager.
- Provide subject matter expertise to feed into Go To Market materials as needed.
- Works with testing team (TRAM) on user acceptance test plans and execution.
- Executes platform activities required for beta testing / soft launch.
- Acts as delegate for Project Manager.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of American Express products and business operations.
- Strong Analytical Skills – ability to collect and analyse information for problem solving and definition of potential solutions.
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and work well with different levels of the organisation and with the customer and partner.
- Proven track record of delivery in a matrix environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Personal Excellence – high degree of integrity, comfortable speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- High Energy/Flexibility – must be a highly motivated self-starter working with a sense of urgency.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2018, 11:39:50 AM