Are you looking to make a difference in palliative care? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Research Facilitator to join our team at St Catherine’s Hospice to help implement and progress research within hospices across Kent, Sussex and Surrey’.
The purpose of the new role is to support the implementation and progression of research within hospices across Kent, Surrey and Sussex (KSS). You will be the important link between NIHR KSS and the palliative care research teams of the region.
You will have a key role in creating and maintaining a palliative care research hub, as a central resource for hospices. The aim of the hub is to encourage collaboration through communication and sharing of infrastructure, governance, policies and knowledge between local hospices.
The hub will be an information resource. You will be expected to collate resources which are relevant and up to date and be able to signpost accordingly. In addition, you’ll be expected to gain an overall working knowledge of different areas of research and build strong links with external agencies e.g. HRA, NIHR, R&D within the NHS, Universities and other research providers.
You will be an excellent communicator, working collaboratively with teams and organisations, inspiring and engaging colleagues in research. Excellent IT skills are essential, as well as strong problem finding skills and attention to detail. This role will involve travelling to other sites and therefore, a current driving licence is required. Travel expenses will be reimbursed and honorary contracts will be arranged.
This post is offered on a part-time basis, 22.5 hours per week. The hours can be flexible over 5 days (Monday-Friday), but hours will need to be worked over a minimum of three days per week.
At St Catherine's Hospice, you'll receive a raft of benefits and support, including:
- Competitive salary
- A generous 27 days (pro-rata) annual leave allowance each year, in addition to public holidays
- Staff pension scheme, with an employer contribution of up to 9% and a 6% employee contribution. Alternatively existing members can continue the NHS Pension
- Excellent learning and development opportunities, including induction and development
- Broad range of in-house and support to attend external training and development.
- Free staff support programmes, including supervision, confidential counselling, occupational health (free Flu jabs), flexible working, discounted gym membership, social events and wellbeing days
St Catherine's Hospice is located within commuting distance from Brighton and London and just a 5 minute walk from Crawley railway station.
to arrange and information visit please call the HR team on 01293 447372
This role is subject to Enhanced DBS check
Save the date – Interviews are planned for 22 January 2019