Plumbing Apprentice - Byfleet - £160.00 per week
Fantastic opportunity for two plumbing apprentices.
Duties will include:
- Providing assistance to fully fledged plumbers whilst improving your own skills and knowledge.
- You would be expected to carry out jobs such as cutting and assembling pipes, installation of water supplies and waste systems.
- Our projects are luxury high end dwellings so keeping site and van tidy is very important.
- Answering to customer worries and inquiries.
- You will be required to follow instructions and guidelines.
- You will be asked to explain and help with the overall design of the heating and plumbing system
Training to be Provided:
The Intermediate level apprenticeship programme enables candidates to work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
Functional Skills (Level 2) in Maths, English and ICT
A mechanical knowledge and interest in plumbing and heating is essential
Must have as a minimum of a level 2 plumbing qualification. GCSEs grade C or 4 and above in Maths and English, or equivalent is essential.
Polite, reliable, has good time keeping skills, hardworking, with a positive attitude.
Fully qualified plumbing and heating engineer, plumbing supervisor/manager when completed apprenticeship successfully.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
We will carry out a DBS check. Must be willing to travel by public transport, if you have no vehicle.