Apprentice Actuarial Technician in London
1 day left
- Full Time
Detailed Job Description
- Trigger data extracts, and monitor those and additional automated extracts. Carry out checks and reconciliations to ensure extracts have run correctly.
- Produce suitable, fit-for-purpose model points and experience investigation data/figures/reconciliations for use by the Financial Reporting Teams.
- Liaise with technical support to report errors and suggest potential solutions to issues with processes or deliverables.
- Maintain detailed documentation on Actuarial Operations processes to ensure that best practice is documented.
- Understand and monitor timescales and quality control procedures to ensure all processes are carried out to the correct standards.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Actuarial Operations.
- Take ownership of your own development within the role.
- Review output before it is passed to customers to ensure all data and information produced is accurate and meets the customers’ requirements.
Requirements and Prospects
A level in Maths A*-B in addition to 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English
Knowledge of Excel and MS Office
Attention to detail.
Ability to evaluate and understand numerical data.
Ability to work with other people.
Ability to work under pressure when required.
To move onto the actuarial graduate scheme to become a qualified actuary
To remain in role and progress in seniority
To progress to be CAA qualified
As an Actuarial Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Actuarial Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship standard is supported by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, and on successful completion provides a progression route into study for further actuarial qualifications. The apprenticeship will be completed through a combination of workplace and online study.
Please make sure that you have uploaded a copy of your CV to the ‘Documentation’ section of your profile. Within your CV, please give a full breakdown of all your achieved and/ or predicted qualifications (incl. subjects and grades). Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP Professional Apprenticeships - Learning Provider
BPP is a national training provider for apprenticeships and training in business, finance and law. They work with a range of clients, ranging from small independent business to larger corporations including RSM, BT Group and Ford, to name just a few.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Finance Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Accountancy Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Insurance Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in London (Central)