Business Support Apprentice
The successful Business Support Apprentice will gain experience rotating across multiple business functions of the Highways business such as Operations, Network Management, Training, Health & Safety and the Senior Management Team.
No two days will be the same, tasks across the business include:
- Organising training courses
- Raising purchase orders/invoices
- Answering queries via emails or social media enquiries
- Speaking directly with customers
- Producing technical reports
You will need bags of enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and commitment to complete the programme. In turn, East Sussex Highways will support your growth and development to help you reach your full potential and complete the course successfully. Support includes guidance from line manager, advice from a mentor and supervision from our college account manager.
You will be paid around £240 per week for working 40 hours a week. The 40 hours per week will also include the time that you spend training with the college. The course fees for undertaking the qualification related to the Level 3 Business Administrator Standard will also be covered by East Sussex Highway apprenticeship levy. On completion of the apprenticeship, you can apply for higher level apprenticeships if available and fit for purpose with the agenda of East Sussex Highways.
Strong IT skills in MS Office package such as Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Confident speaking and writing skills
- Pleasant and clear telephone manner
- Effectively contribute to discussions as part of a team
- Good Time Management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work toward deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and drive
- Good customer service understanding
Minimum 5 passes at GCSE (or equivalents) including:
Grade 4/C or higher in mathematics and English language & literature Preferred Grade 4/C or higher in a science subject (i.e. physics, chemistry)
Upon completion you can progress onto the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration.
Things to consider
The successful apprentice will be based at the East Sussex Highways office: The Broyle, Ringmer BN8 5NP.
Please ensure you can commute to/from this location during office hours before applying for this opportunity.