Retail & Tours Assistant in Ditchling, East Sussex
Retail & Tours Assistant
This role is available as 1 x full time or 2 x job sharers - total of 37.50 hours per week including regular weekends, some evenings when required and overtime opportunities.
Applications close date : Friday 16th March
Responses by : Friday 23rd March
Wine industry experience/qualification not essential but hospitality or retail experience preferred.
This role reports to the Retail & Events Manager (R&EM). The key requirements of this role are to engage with consumers on behalf of Ridgeview both at the winery and off-site and complete a wide range of auxiliary tasks that accompany the role.
- Engaging with customers and conducting cellar door wine tastings
- Developing relationships with customers
- Processing sales including till and cash responsibilities & invoicing
- Replying to retail enquiries via telephone, email or written correspondence
- Service of food, drinks and general hospitality including setting up, clearing down and light cleaning
- Day-to-day administration for the retail department including use of CRM systems
- General cleaning, tidying and maintaining of the retail area as required
- Assisting with the organisation of tours and tastings
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service and outstanding visitor experiences
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and fully stocked retail area
- Organising and executing shipments of wine (UK, Europe & International)
- Assisting in the recording and collation of visitor data
- Hosting public and private tours following successful completion of in-house training
- Driving cellar door sales and tour bookings to assist in reaching retail team targets
- Service of food, drinks and general hospitality at Trade functions including setting up, clearing down and light cleaning
- Representing Ridgeview both at on-site and off-site at consumer and trade events
- Use of Computers, including Microsoft Office Suite
This job includes some manual lifting when stocking-up and assisting customers, so the ability to lift cases of wine weighing up to 12kg is required.
Please email your CV to email@example.com