Assistant Financial Accountant
We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our Finance team, based in the centre of Brighton and we want you to apply.
We’re looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance Team. You will be working with the team and assisting the Financial Controller. This is a busy and varied position. Personality and attitude is as important as technical ability, and the successful candidate should be willing to pick up ad-hoc tasks as required.
Duties will include:
- Accounts Receivable
- Purchase ledger – to include processing invoices and payments
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Payroll & pension preparation
- Control & maintenance of petty cash
- Process cash & credit card expenses
- Credit control
- VAT return reconciliations and submissions
- Online credit card payment reconciliations
- Support office manager (answering phone, taking deliveries etc)
- Various ad-hoc duties as required
Who You Are:
Do you have heaps of ambition and a passion for Accountancy and Finance? Do you take pride in your achievements? Are you a supportive and super productive individual who thrives when working in a team?
You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company. You are creative, consistent and dynamic as well as inspiring, supportive and a great communicator.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Proven experience in a similar all-round role
- Excellent numeracy skills & attention to detail
- Excellent written & communication skills
- The ability to work quickly & accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of financial software packages
Desirable skills include:
- Part Qualified, AAT or equivalent – study support available
- Knowledge of working in a Group company in a multi-currency, multi-company environment
- Online Credit card payment processing and reconciliations
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
We work intelligently – we’re smart, we’re problem solvers and we innovate
We collaborate – with our clients, with each other and with our community
We’re bold – we think big, we challenge and we’re brave
We strive for personal growth – we’re ambitious, we’re driven and we’re constantly learning
We enjoy what we do – we’re passionate, we’re supportive and we achieve
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of between £23,000 - £28,000 (dependent on experience), reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to monthly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We're committed to your personal career growth and we'll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family and we’ll even eat cake to celebrate you joining
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
Interviews will commence straight away. We can't wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
More searches like this
- Finance Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Accountancy Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Business Services Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Corporate Finance Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton
- Financial Services Financial Permanent Full Time jobs in Brighton