Monday - Thursday (flexible days and hours to allow for any existing freelancer or project commitment) - total of 30 hours per week
Want to kick start your career in one of Brighton's fastest growing industries? Train as a Software Developer and develop skills at the forefront of coding, e-commerce and apps. You must already dabble in coding with the aptitude and desire to develop skills and learning that will fast track you into the industry.
What a developer job will involve:
As a software developer you will be the brains behind the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems.
Much more than just playing around with codes you'll play an important part in making the business more efficient and helping to provide a better IT service.
You may will be responsible for the replacement of a whole system based on the specifications provided by an IT analyst, but more often than not you'll work with 'off the shelf' software, modifying it and integrating it into the existing network. You will be trained to become skilled in creating the code to link the systems together.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
What the training will give you:
The sofware developer training will give you skills and commercial experience that will fast track you into a higher earnings bracket. Further more you will have achieved a sought after industry accreditation plus a level 4 diploma (foundation degree) qualification in software development, all worth an incredible £18,000 and all at no cost to you.
Learn from the best:
- Master classes and 1:1 training and coaching
- Experts in software development and e-commerce
- Secure in-depth industry knowledge and leading industry qualifications
- Work and learn in a collaborative and agile environment
Hone your skills:
- 1 – 2 years paid industry placement in Brighton or surrounding area
- Relevant work experience
- On-job training and development: become an expert in your field
- Expand your professional network
Gain the competitive edge:
- Develop the business critical skills employers want
- Secure a fantastic job
- Fast track career progression and an exciting future
The key skills we are looking for are as follows:
- Your expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Your communications skills
- Team-working skills
- An appreciation of the bigger business picture, not just its IT requirements
- Your analytical and commercial experience
- Any organisational skills
as above plus an ability to go after new client opportunties with strong pitching and presentation skills to secure new project work and/or new placements
- At least 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or equivalent including English and Maths
- Good grades in Maths and/or IT as GCSE and A level or equivalent
Once you have completed your developer apprenticeship training and industry qualifications you can expect to start earning from £20,000 to £25,000. Once you reach a management level your salary will increase to £26,000 to £50,000, or even higher with bonuses. The skills in which you will be trained will be in demand so with the right experience you can become your own boss and go it alone as a consultant or mid-senior level freelancer, setting your own rates and earning a higher day fee than most waged employees.
Things to consider:
You must be determined to work hard to achieve your apprenticeship as it is at a level 4 (foundation degree level), to attend industry networking events and to seek out new client opportunities. The Selection Process: Applicants must be committed, smart and super motivated to secure a great role in this fast growing industry. You should already be able to demonstrate basic developer skills and knowledge and ideally be working at a junior freelance level. As a rule we only accept candidates who are already qualified to at least level 3 or degree level however we are willing to make exceptions for exceptional talent. Our recruitment process is aimed at finding those whom want to realise a high level of potential in Brighton’s fast growing and fast moving developer industry. What to expect? Up to 2-3 stages of assessment. An initial digital accelerator 3 weeks intensive course if you need to improve your employability skills. You’ll join a small cohort of talented junior developer freelancers on our training program and we’ll help you get your career off to the best possible start.