Apprentice Office Administrator
The purpose of the role is to ensure smooth running of the Branch and provide administrative support.
The key tasks will include:
- Sorting incoming and outgoing post and DX and putting into appropriate trays
- Clearing all departmental trays of internal and external post at regular intervals
- Back up telephone for reception and providing reception cover when needed
- Preparing closed files for archiving and retrieving from archive centre if required
- Carrying out banking procedures by writing cheques and paying in cheques received in that day
- Maintaining fire alarm records and responsible for system working efficiently
- Maintaining two weekly health & safety, and fire safety checks
- Ordering stationery on a weekly basis Ordering kitchen and food supplies for the branch
- Provide refreshments for clients if necessary
- Photocopying large trial bundles for various departments as needed
- Responsible for supervision of recycling as much as possible
- Updating loose leaf legal books and maintaining tidiness of library
- Ensure all client facing areas are kept to a high standard
- To assist with any other ad hoc office support tasks as they arrive Working week
Mon-Fri 8.30-5.00, 37 hours per week.
The length of programme is 13 months.
Possible start date 02 Jan 2018
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good organisation and self motivation skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Building relationships and team working skills
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Personable and friendly manner
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisation and skills
- Positive, confident and flexible approach to tasks
- Professional and clear telephone manner
- Able to work well as part of a team
It is essential that you have Maths and English GCSEs at grades A*-C or equivalent.
It is desirable that you have an A Level education.
It is anticipated that on successful completion of the apprenticeship that the candidate will apply for a permanent role within the organisation.