Spainish Language Assistant
About the College
Worthing College is a very popular college with over 1450 students. Our recent Ofsted inspection judged us to be ‘Good’ in every respect. Our mission is to inspire, build confidence and prepare our students to live the life they want to live and is underpinned by our strong desire to become outstanding in the near future. Above all Worthing College is a very friendly place with a strong sense of purpose, where teaching, learning and student success are second to none.
Background to the Post
A Spanish Language Assistant is required to run Spanish conversational sessions for small groups of A Level Spanish students, working closely with the Spanish teacher. A native or near native command of Spanish is required and an awareness of the processes of learning and improving confidence in a foreign language.
The post is based within the Travel & Tourism, Geography and Modern Foreign Languages Team. This is a highly professional, busy and committed team which provides both A Level and BTEC courses.
The Spanish Language Assistant will be responsible for:-
- Running Spanish conversation sessions for small groups of AS/A2 level students, working closely with the Spanish teacher.
- Supporting students with other aspects of their Spanish course such as grammar skills and vocabulary development.
- Monitoring students’ progress in language assistant sessions and completing college student tracking systems.
- Working effectively with the Spanish teacher and the Travel & Tourism, Geography and Modern Foreign Languages Team and other teams to contribute to the team plan and culture of excellence and to ensure that the College offers an outstanding service to students, staff and other stakeholders.
- Participating fully in appropriate professional development, meetings and planning to meet the needs of the team and the college.
- Attending staff meetings, briefings and team meetings and participating fully in discussions about work.
- Any other duties reasonably delegated by the Principal.
The postholder will be based within the Travel & Tourism, Geography and Modern Foreign Languages team.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The postholder may be required to carry out other duties and responsibilities in keeping with the nature of the post.
If you are interested in this position please click apply to go to our website and download an application form. Instructions on how to apply are in the job description.