Apprentice Insurance Clerk, Business Administration, Level 2 Intermediate
The purpose of the role is to work within a team to assist in a busy insurance office and develop the business.
The majority of the duties will include adminsitration tasks.
The key tasks will include:
- Ensuring a good quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements
- Ensuring full Regulatory Authority Compliance
- Using the phone to make calls and take calls
- Undertaking the job role whilst studying
- Using Word, Excel, Email and the Internet
- Dealing with enquiries via email
- Filing and scanning when required
- Handling incoming and outgoing post
Working week Mon to Fri 9 – 5.30pm, 37.5hrs per week
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months
Possible start date 02 Jan 2018
The essential skills for the role include:
- Basic CPU skills including Word/Excel/email /Internet
- Multi phone use
- Be able to understand the importance of team work
- Show attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Be a good listener, polite and dedicated
- Be prepared to take part and enjoy getting up each day
- Demonstrate willingness to work hard, but have fun too
- Willingness to help others – interest in other people and what they do
- Demonstrate understanding of good time keeping
- Keen to study and progress, learn and develop
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach
- Enjoy working with customers
- Attitude is the most important thing to us when we are looking for staff.
- It is important that all of our staff share our core values:-
We work hard We have fun We look after each other We learn We educate
The essential qualifications include Maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C (or equivalent) It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in Maths and English Future prospects We are looking to take on two longer term employees to work in our busy insurance office. In addition to the NVQ we will be offering full training, including entrance to the Chartered Insurance Institute Exams.
Things to consider We offer flexitime after a period of employment with the firm. There is a cashplan scheme from day one and a pension after 6 months. A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. After 12 months the salary will increase to £13,000 per year.