Senior Project Manager in Horsham
3 days left
- Full Time
Job title: Senior Project Manager
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
Term: Two year fixed term with the possibility of extension (subject to funding)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership represents a unique alloy of the private and public sectors working together to promote our region to achieve improve our infrastructure and to promote and deliver projects that support economic growth and support to business.
We are at an exciting time in our development and are now seeking to recruit a senior project manager to play a key role in leading our investment project portfolio. These investments range from funding grants to create new roads and infrastructure such as flood defences, through to creating new employment space and town centre regeneration.
We are looking for an experienced senior project manager to join our team to oversee a number of these projects to ensure that they deliver contracted outputs. Ideally with wide sector experience you will possess the ability to work as part of a small team with a hands on approach. With the ability to build strong relationships with our delivery bodies, you will act as an ambassador for Coast to Capital, whilst at the same time ensuring strong accountability for the public grant funding being spent through our partners.
Educated to degree level and with a relevant professional qualification / membership and a background ideally within both the private and public sector, you will have extensive experience in project management and best practice in this area in a relevant sector. A strong team player you will also ideally have experience in mentoring staff and sharing your experience. You will be used to taking a hands on approach and will be required to travel throughout our region to visit our projects.
Purpose of the role
Oversee, coordinate and manage the Coast to Capital Local Growth Fund programme, ensuring key project deadlines and outputs are developed, supported, monitored and delivered. To act as the client for the projects portfolio ensuring that delivery bodies perform to contracted standards.
Project manage the administration of the Local Growth Fund with support to the oversight of the Growing Places Fund, through each stage of development – from project concept through to project appraisal, due diligence, delivery and closure.
To develop and maintain effective working relationships with project delivery bodies to ensure successful project outcomes.
To deputise for the Chief Operating Officer and represent him at meetings and events.
To act as mentor and senior project manager to the project management team.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Project manage all elements associated with programme management, including; implementing effective monitoring and accounting systems, liaising with partners and ensuring compliance with the assurance framework.
2. Support the Chief Operating Officer in managing projects at the development stage particularly for each new applications call, including; capturing information, business case appraisal, liaising with project sponsors for additional information, project due diligence and implementation of funding agreements.
3. Project manage projects at delivery stage, including; ensuring clear audit trails are in place for all decisions, conducting gateway monitoring visits as necessary, and managing payment claims, monitoring and evaluating progress, ensuring rigorous tracking procedures are in place to review and forecast performance against targets.
4. To ensure all upstream reporting to Government is completed on time and in the required formats, providing reports on expenditure, progress, risks, and outputs.
5. To manage the claim, reconciliation and drawdown process from delivery bodies ensuring regular reports are received on expenditure, progress, risks and outputs and taking any corrective action required.
6. Develop and maintain good working relationships and be a senior point of contact with partner organisations, Government, Delivery Bodies and the Accountable Body and other organisations, which can assist with the development and delivery of the Coast to Capital Growth Deal.
7. To support the Chief Operating Officer with the preparation of reports to the Coast to Capital Board, Pillar Committee and Investment Committee, taking ownership of the Project Delivery Dashboard and keeping an up to date risk log and project data sheets.
8. Carry out reviews of projects at key gateways including inception, monitoring, closure and evaluation.
9. To act as mentor to the project management team and provide training and development in best practice project management.
- Educated to degree standard with a relevant professional qualification / membership you will also have a demonstrable track record in project and programme management particularly with public funding and the associated reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative.
- High level interpersonal skills able to forge strong relationships, demonstrating credibility and empathy in challenging project delivery situations.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to present to large audiences.
- Self-motivated able to work with own initiative.
- Team player.
- Willing to work outside of normal hours when required.
- Computer Literate.
Further information about Coast to Capital may be found at our website: www.coast2capital.org.uk
To make an application please send, by 30th May 2017, a full CV with a covering statement setting out how you believe you could fulfil the requirements of this key role and the names of two referees (references will not be taken up in advance of interviews) to Angelique Bradshaw , Executive PA, email@example.com .
It is our intention to hold interviews w/c 11TH June 2017.
We will acknowledge your application within 24 hours. If you have not received confirmation please contact Angelique Bradshaw on 01403 333840 to ensure we have received your application.
Please feel free to call Tony Middleton, Chief Operating Officer, if you would like more information – 01403 333840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coast to Capital is committed to achieving diversity and equality of opportunity both as an employer and as a commissioner of services.
Apply for Senior Project Manager in Horsham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly